Tuesday 17 January 2012

Mapstalgia

"I played the hell out out this game in my youth. And now, every time that I’m stressed, I’ll play it. I find it to be very relaxing. I go through the motions of a game that I’m so familiar with. It helps me clear my head.
Honestly, I’ve probably beat this over a hundred times."

That came from a post on "Mapstalgia", a tumblr account where you submit drawings of old level maps from video games, BUT only from memory. No references.

And I think it does a great job at explaining why I play through old games I've conquered many times. Even though there's nothing new for me to see. And perhaps it explains why I was so miserable last year. I kind of stopped my yearly tradition of going through an old game I adore. Figured I'd be sick of it by now.

Well now, in addition to Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Pokemon Heart Gold, Halo: CEA and the Mega Man Zero Collection, I'm also chipping away at new playthroughs of Wind Waker and Kirby Super Star.

Courtesy of vgmuseum.com


Good times.

END OF LINE

~A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment