Friday 20 April 2012

Mass Effect 3: "Insanity"

I REALLY need something to focus on right now that isn't Mass Effect 3. I'm going to lose my mind if I keep this up. Days and days of nonstop playing the game, writing about the game, drawing stuff for the game, talking about the game, analyzing and joking about the game. Still so much to do, but I need some relief from this. I need closure, but I need a break.

This isn't like when I get the sudden urge to draw cast mugshots for a zombie story. I seriously think I'm starting to go insane here. It just won't escape my thoughts. I'm having a hard time accomplishing even basic rotary functions human beings do every day around the house, because Jennifer Hale is squatting in my brain like a hobo.



I'm trying to make a sandwich, trying to forcibly remind myself of the steps, and it just goes:


  1. Get the knife.
  2. James Vega sucks. 
  3. Open the right cupboard. 
  4. What was up with Legion in his mission? 
  5. Peanut butter. 
  6. Kai Leng being unstoppable in the cutscenes and a damn cheater in battle was such a cop-out. 
  7. Get two slices of bread. 
  8. God, shut up Liara, just shut up. Shut up, all of you!
  9. GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD
  10. ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
  11. CALIBRATIONS
  12. SCIENTIST SALARIAN
  13. I SHOULD GO
  14. BLASTO
  15. KEELAH SE LAI
  16. SHEPARD
  17. WREX
  18. SHEPARD
  19. WREX
  20. SHEPARD-


I have a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles with me. It's mine. It's just begging to be played. I've been looking forward to this since even before Operation Rainfall. I never thought it would happen, but it's here. Callling to me.

But none of the my Wii controllers have fresh batteries.

D':


The crazy thing is though: They were fresh the last time I put them in or used them. Even the battery packs that I bought to charge, specifically so I wouldn't have to keep buying batteries aren't working right. No matter how long they're charged on the little stand, they're always on the brink of collapse the moment I press a button and find out how much longer they've got.

You guys: Mass Effect 3's ending drained my batteries.




Also, I stubbed my toe the other day.

You guys: Mass Effect 3's ending stubbed my toe.




END OF LINE

~A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment