Monday 11 June 2012

Capcom: "Yoshinori Ono"

So remember way back when Keiji Inafune, the guy behind Mega Man, Lost Planet and Dead Rising ragequit the company? And how he told everyone within earshot about what a bunch of cockbags they supposedly were?

Well now here's Yoshinori Ono, who's in charge of the Street Fighter series, with his rebuttal: "Capcom didn't even acknowledge that I had been in hospital."

...Wait a minute...




So... they nearly kill this guy... and then gave him the exact same demands later on. It's pretty telling when a guy is practically begging an interviewer to use a headline that tells how much a company is trying to murder its' employees.

And then there's this little nugget:

"I was working on Onimusha 4 and during that time I repeatedly submitted my proposal for a new Street Fighter," he says. "The company kept telling me: 'It's a dead franchise. It doesn't make any money. We have series that make money like Resident Evil and Onimusha. Why bother with a dead franchise?'"

Yeah, stupid. Nobody wants to buy Street Fighter. They'd rather buy that game series no one bought. Just what I wanted, Capcom: a thing I didn't want, instead of the thing I did want. Great business practice, guys.

Just something to keep in mind when Resident Evil 6 comes out.

END OF LINE

~A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment